Prove your EFL teaching knowledge with this series of flexible, internationally recognised tests.
TKT shows how you are developing as a teacher. It is ideal for people who want to prove their teaching knowledge with a globally recognised certificate.
TKT is a flexible series of modular teaching qualifications, which test your knowledge in specific areas of English language teaching. You can take as many modules as you want, over any time period. You receive a Cambridge English certificate for each module you complete.
After taking TKT, you can take other Cambridge English teaching qualifications such as ICELT and Delta.
With TKT, you show employers that you:
- are familiar with different teaching methodologies
- know how to use teaching resources effectively
- understand key aspects of lesson planning
- can use different classroom management methods for different needs.
Reasons to choose TKT:
- A globally-recognised certificate, accepted in over 60 countries.
- Study independently, or take a preparation course either face–to–face or online.
Who should take this exam?
TKT gives you an internationally accepted qualification that proves your language-teaching abilities. The qualification is suitable if you are a new teacher and want to build your confidence and skills, or if you are an experienced teacher and want to specialise in a certain area, or are starting to teach English for the first time.
TKT is also a good foundation if you want to study for a further qualification in teaching English, such as the CELTA or Delta.
You don’t need any formal English qualifications to take the test
What modules are available?
You can choose to take any of the TKT modules in combination or on their own.
Core modules 1-3
- TKT Module 1: Background to language teaching
- TKT Module 2: Planning for language teaching
- TKT Module 3: Classroom management
- TKT Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- TKT Young Learners (YL)