BCS | Charted Institute for IT
As the IT skills shortage grows there has never been a better time to consider a career in technology.
*BCS Higher Education Qualifications will give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed, and a pathway to Chartered status, the global benchmark for IT excellence. Flexible and affordable study options to suit your budget and chosen career path in IT.
*BCS Level 4 Certificate in IT/100/6190/2
*BCS Level 5 Diploma in IT/100/6190/3
*BCS Level 6 Professional Graduate Diploma in IT/100/6191/5
Great reasons to study BCS
Our qualifications are designed to give you the skills you need to succeed and make a difference in the workplace.
We are a not-for-profit organisation so our objective is to ensure you are not disadvantaged because of high prices and we endeavour to keep costs to a minimum. Our fast track routes to degree programmes are much more affordable than traditional routes.
Our qualifications are recognised by colleges, universities, employers and governments around the world
As an BCS member you will be able to access a wealth of resources to support your studies.
For more than 60 years, learners around the world have been benefiting from BCS qualifications.
BCS is recognised Internationally , the UK government’s qualifications regulator. We have similar recognition by other regulatory authorities around the world.
Our alumni speak for themselves. They are working in a diverse range of industries and organisations. Many are in top jobs or running their own successful enterprises.
You can study full-time or part-time, attend a college or self-study. All our programmes share common units which allow you to explore several areas of business management and then decide to specialise if you wish to do so.
A great route to university
BCS-HEQ qualifications are accepted by a large number of universities. Learners with Levels 5 and 6 can fast track onto a Bachelors or Masters degree course, meaning the cost their education is dramatically reduced.
Once you have joined BCS, you will be able to access the Members Area. Here you can keep your personal details up to date, check on your account and access the following resources which are designed to help you achieve your qualification:
- A comprehensive syllabus for every unit in your programme. This clearly breaks down the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for that unit.
- A detailed study guide for every unit – includes key information, case studies and activities for classroom and private study. These can be downloaded free in PDF format.
- Revision presentations, academic resources and reading lists.
- Sample assessments, past question papers plus suggested answers and examiners’ notes (new units will come with comprehensive sample assessments prior to past papers and examiners’ notes being available).
- For units assessed by examination – a thorough explanation of the exam structure so you know what to expect when you turn over your paper.
- Essential articles and information relating to the examinations, which include:
- Research skills
- Study tips
- Using the Harvard Referencing System
- Understanding command words
Finally, all members receive an electronic copy of Focus magazine, which can also be found online in the Members Area. It contains BCS news, relevant articles based on building a career in business and student success stories.